Making a skirt with this African wax fabric for a client.
This coat was made with This Burda Bell Coat.
The Material was a gamble that I got from Mood which is unfortunately sold out.
And the following alterations.
I CUT THE SLEEVES OFF.
I ADDED TOP STICHING TO SLEEVES BODY OF THE COAT.
ADDED A COLLAR
This fabric frays super easy so I serged all the pieces.
I’m a beginner so I still keep the patterns with the cut material.
See the fray.
I love this entry level serger by brother.
I still pin. I’m obsessed with well approximated ends.
Sewing starts at the cutting table.
A dress form comes in handy when you are trying alterations.
This is the back
OMG I DRAPED THIS COLAR AND LOVED IT SO MUCH. I ADDED PINS AND SEWED IT.
WHOOOO HOOOO I LOVE MY LOGO
I ALSO ADDED A RAIN HAT. I CANT WAIT FOR IT TO RAIN
This outfit was challenging and fun all at the same time.
No pattern self drafted, well the top was from v8815 that I reshaped the neck and back.
Eyelet was fun to work with.
Leather was fun just go very very slow. Use Nylon or ulpostery thread. I had to piece some together which created a design element.